The NEXT San Francisco Writers Conference takes place over Presidents Day Weekend—Feb. 13-16, 2020
The 2020 conference will be at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco.
The hotel is across from the Ferry Building and next to the Embarcadero BART station!
Plan to join us at our 17th Celebration of Craft, Commerce & Community with:
Walter Mosley, Jonathan Maberry and Brooke Warner as Keynoters!
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN! CLICK HERE
Walter Mosley has written more than 30 books, including 11 previous Easy Rawlins titles. He is also the recipient of the O. Henry Award, a Grammy, and PEN America’s Lifetime Achievement Award.
Jonathan Maberry is a multiple Bram Stoker Award winning author. He is a multi-talented writer of both fiction and nonfiction. He even writes for comic books (Captain America; Marvel Zombies Return). An advocate for writers, his Writers Coffeehouse is a free three-hour open-agenda networking and discussion session for writers of all genres and levels of skill in multiple locations around the country each month.
The event spans four days … plus offers optional Pre- and Post-Event Master Classes!
The event is packed with nearly 100 sessions for writers— from the craft of writing to the business of publishing.
What to expect at the SFWC?
All attendees get a commemorative tote bag filled with writing goodies! The SFWC offers so much social and one-on-one networking time with other writers and industry professionals. After-hours hosted open mics, poetry happenings, and pitch contests? You bet. Don’t want to eat dinner alone? There is a no-host dinner every night from Wednesday to Sunday at a different San Francisco restaurant. Our attendees tell us this friendly yet professional atmosphere is what makes SFWC the conference they choose to attend.
The Hyatt Regency Embarcadero is where the SFWC takes place. It is located a short stroll from the Ferry Building and is directly in front of the Embarcadero BART station. It is especially convenient for those of you flying in to San Francisco. You can book your room directly with the hotel by calling 415-788-1234 or clicking this link to book your room. Use our discount code WR20.
From start to finish, the San Francisco Writers Conference is designed to help you become a better, more professional writer.
READY TO REGISTER for the 2020 San Francisco Writers Conference? CLICK HERE!
Top Ten Reasons for Writers to Attend the San Francisco Writers Conference:
- You appreciate sessions that fit your specific writing needs and goals. At SFWC you can choose from a full schedule of workshops and panels.
- You want to launch your writing career—or take it to a more professional level. As in any business, it’s “who you know.” Meet industry leaders and learn how to play the publishing game. The information at SFWC covers the latest trends and technology to help you get more writing done … and successfully sell what you write.
- You want an agent! At Speed Dating for Agents, pitch your book ideas one-on-one in a room full of literary agents ($75 option for registered attendees only).
Or opt for a 15 minute one-on-one Agent Conversation for just $100. Either way the literary agents at SFWC are on the lookout for new clients with great books they can represent.
- You are ready to learn about a wide range of publishing options from leaders in self-publishing AND traditional publishing.
- You are open to hearing FREE editorial feedback on your work from freelance book editors. Click HERE for the FAQ sheet!
- You are building your personal writing community. At SFWC meet like-minded writers from all over the United States and other countries too.
- You seek innovative writer-related services. Meet with the exhibitors at the conference to find out what’s new for writers.
- You love books. Come browse our onsite bookstore and get the books you purchase autographed by the presenters.
- You have heard about SFWC’s over-the-top networking opportunities. SFWC attendees can jump into pitch practices, share their work at “Open Mic” readings, and socialize at our Gala Party and Poetry and Jazz events. This is just a sampling of what goes on during the event.
- You want to go to a conference that offers it all. You’ve just described the San Francisco Writers Conference—top quality information and excellent speakers, yet is extremely friendly to writers at all levels.
The MAIN CONFERENCE registration fee includes four days of live sessions, keynotes, and events from Thursday through Sunday. Plus, a consult with an editor and publicist, unlimited networking with more than 100 presenters (and fellow writers!), a Networking Gala, the Poetry and Jazz party, morning continental breakfasts, the popular Practice Your Pitch event, an attendee bag filled with writer goodies, and more!
Optional Add-Ons include:
Speed Dating with Agents featuring more than 20 literary agents. This opportunity for attendees to give face-to-face pitches to agents is $75. It can be added when you register or onsite.
CLICK HERE to be an exhibitor or Exhibitor-Sponsor at the 2020 SFWC!