The SFWC room rate is $259 if you reserve now!
Jose Antonio Vargas is a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist, Emmy-nominated filmmaker, and founder/CEO of Define American, the nation’s leading non-profit media & culture organization that fights injustice and anti-immigrant hate through the power of storytelling. He is also the author of Dear America: Notes of an Undocumented Citizen.
REGISTER NOW for the 2019 SFWC to get the rate of $850 until January 31.
The event spans four days…plus optional Pre/Post Event Master Classes!
The event is packed with nearly 100 sessions for writers–from the craft of writing to the business of publishing.
What to expect at the SFWC?
All attendees get a commemorative tote bag filled with writing goodies! The SFWC offers so much social and one-on-one networking time with other writers and industry professionals. After-hours hosted open mics, poetry happenings, and pitch contests? You bet. Don’t want to eat dinner alone? There is a no-host dinner every night from Wednesday to Sunday at a different San Francisco restaurant. Our attendees tell us this friendly yet professional atmosphere is what makes SFWC the conference they choose to attend.
NOTE! We are moving to the Hyatt Regency Embarcadero this year. Located a short stroll from the Ferry Building, the hotel is directly in front of the Embarcadero BART station and especially convenient for those of you flying in to San Francisco. So be sure to take advantage of the special $259 SFWC Rate (our hotel room block is filling up fast, so reserve yours now).
You can book your room directly with the hotel by calling 415-788-1234 and use our discount code WR19.
From start to finish, the San Francisco Writers Conference is designed to help you become a better, more professional writer.
READY TO REGISTER for the 2019 San Francisco Writers Conference? CLICK HERE!
Top Ten Reasons for Writers to Attend the San Francisco Writers Conference
- You appreciate sessions that fit your specific writing needs and goals. At SFWC you can choose from a full schedule of workshops and panels.
- You want to launch your writing career–or take it to a more professional level. As in any business, it’s ‘who you know’. Meet industry leaders and learn how to play the publishing game. The information at SFWC covers the latest trends and technology to help you get more writing done…and successfully sell what you write.
- You want an agent!
At Speed Dating for Agents pitch your book ideas one-on-one in a room full of literary agents ($75 option for registered attendees only). The literary agents at SFWC are on the lookout for new clients with great books they can represent.
- You are ready to learn about a wide range of publishing options from leaders in self-publishing AND traditional publishing.
- You are open to hearing FREE editorial feedback on your work from freelance book editors. Click HERE for the FAQ sheet!
- You are building your personal writing community. At SFWC meet like-minded writers from all over the United States…and other countries, too.
- You seek innovative writer-related services. Meet with the exhibitors at the conference to find out what’s new for writers.
- You love books. Come browse our onsite bookstore and get the books you purchase autographed by the presenters.
- You have heard about SFWC’s over-the-top networking opportunities. SFWC attendees can jump into pitch practices, share their work at “Open Mic” readings, and socialize at our Gala Party and Poetry and Jazz events. This is just a sampling of of what goes on during the event.
- You want to go to a conference that offers it all. You’ve just described the San Francisco Writers Conference–top quality information and excellent speakers, yet is extremely friendly to writers at all levels.
The MAIN CONFERENCE registration fee includes four days of live sessions, keynotes and events from Thursday through Sunday. Plus a consult with an editor and publicist, unlimited networking with over 100 presenters (and fellow writers!), a Networking Gala, the Poetry and Jazz party, morning continental breakfasts, the popular Practice Your Pitch event, an attendee bag filled with writer goodies, and more!
Optional Add-Ons include:
Speed Dating with Agents featuring more than 20 literary agents. This opportunity for attendees to give face-to-face pitches to agents is $75. It can be added when you register or onsite.
IMPORTANT: We announce conference news, keep writers informed of Bay Area events, and share writing tips in the SFWC Newsletter.
Get your free SFWC Newsletter subscription by using the opt-in box at the bottom of this page!
CLICK HERE to be an exhibitor or Exhibitor-Sponsor at the 2019 SFWC!
- Need a flyer to share with your friends? CLICK HERE