Event overview: The conference takes place on Presidents’ Day weekend, February 13th-16th, 2014. The main conference begins with a Thursday afternoon early check-in to receive your attendee bags and materials and an orientation session to help you get the most out of the conference. Then the SFWC continues–pretty much non-stop through Sunday! (There will also be In-Depth Writing Classes on Thursday, February 13th in the evening and all day Monday, February 17th taught by some of the presenters.) The SFWC features 100+ agents, authors, editors and publishing professionals at this world-class ‘Celebration of Craft, Commerce and Community’ for all writers.
Attendees have access to more than fifty “how to” sessions, panels, and workshops. An Independent Editor consultation and Ask a Pro are included in the registration fee. Our famously popular Speed Dating for Agents is still only $50 to pitch to a room full of agents. And you will find there are plenty of one-on-one opportunities to pitch your work to well-known publishing professionals during the weekend. The Conference features large and small traditional publishing houses, but also gives attendees the latest e-publishing, social media, and self-publishing information.
Elegant keynote luncheons and networking breakfasts are included as is a gala on Friday night. A commemorative bag filled with writing goodies for all attendees? Of course!
Book signings and social gatherings with other writers add to the excitement of the event. No other writing conference offers so much social and one-on-one networking time with other writers and industry professionals. After-hours hosted open mics and pitch contests? You bet. Our attendees tell us this friendly yet professional atmosphere is what makes SFWC the conference they choose to attend.
From start to finish, the San Francisco Writers Conference is designed to help you become a better, more professional writer.
Can’t wait until 2014…or simply want to take one of the classes right now?
Click on this link to join the San Francisco Writers University…for free.
Top Ten Reasons for Writers to Attend the 2014 San Francisco Writers Conference
- Launch your writing career…or take it to a more professional level…with direction from bestselling authors and publishing experts.
- Choose from a schedule of workshops, panels and sessions that fit your writing needs. This year, on Thursday afternoon you benefit from sessions that will help you get the most of the conference at no extra charge, too.
- Ask a Pro session lets you ask questions of New York and California editors…and it is included in your registration fee.
- Go to Speed Dating for Agents – Pitch your book ideas one-on-one to New York and California agents ($50 option for registered attendees)
- Receive free feedback on your work from freelance book editors.
- Kick back in Cafe Ferlinghetti with writers from all over the country…and foreign countries, too.
- Talk with exhibitors and find out what’s new for writers.
- Browse our onsite bookstore (produced by BookShop West Portal) and you can get the books you purchase autographed by the presenters.
- Jump into pitch contests, “Open Mic” readings, and socialize at our Gala Welcome party. This is just a sampling of SFWC’s over-the-top networking opportunities during the event.
- Stay awhile longer with our in-depth Post Conference classes on Monday, February 17th. to increase the value of the conference even more.
Registration fee includes three days of sessions, meals, a gala party and more!
*For your information, we have posted many of the presenters’ handouts used in their sessions this year. They are listed under the “Tips/Resources” tab in the Presenters Handouts drop down.
REVISIT PAST CONFERENCES. BUY THE CDs OR MP3s!
Click on www.vwtapes.com or call Patrick at 1-888-VWTapes
Check out Carla King’s PBS Mediashift article on the 2012 Conference