Attendees have access to more than sixty “how to” sessions, panels, and workshops. An Independent Editor consultation and the Ask a Pro session are included in the registration fee. Our famously popular Speed Dating for Agents on Friday afternoon is still only $50 to pitch to a room full of agents. And you will find there are plenty of one-on-one opportunities to pitch your work to well-known publishing professionals during the weekend. The Conference features large and small traditional publishing houses, but also gives attendees the latest e-publishing, social media, and self-publishing information.
Elegant keynote luncheons and networking breakfasts are included in the registration fee as is a Welcome Gala on Friday night. A commemorative bag filled with writing goodies for all attendees? Of course!
Book signings and social gatherings with other writers add to the excitement of the event. No other writing conference offers so much social and one-on-one networking time with other writers and industry professionals. After-hours hosted open mics, poetry happenings, and pitch contests? You bet. Our attendees tell us this friendly yet professional atmosphere is what makes SFWC the conference they choose to attend.
From start to finish, the San Francisco Writers Conference is designed to help you become a better, more professional writer. Please join us for this world-class ‘Celebration of Craft, Commerce and Community’ for all writers.
Top Ten Reasons for Writers to Attend the 2014 San Francisco Writers Conference
- Launch your writing career–or take it to a more professional level–with direction from bestselling authors and publishing experts.
- Choose from a schedule of workshops, panels and sessions that fit your writing needs.
- Ask a Pro session lets you ask questions of New York and California editors…and it is included in your registration fee.
- Go to Speed Dating for Agents – Pitch your book ideas one-on-one to New York and California agents ($50 option for registered attendees)
- Receive free feedback on your work from freelance book editors.
- Kick back in Cafe Ferlinghetti with writers from all over the country…and foreign countries, too.
- Talk with exhibitors and find out what’s new for writers.
- Browse our onsite bookstore (produced by BookShop West Portal) and you can get the books you purchase autographed by the presenters.
- Jump into pitch contests, “Open Mic” readings, and socialize at our Gala Welcome party. This is just a sampling of SFWC’s over-the-top networking opportunities during the event.
- Stay awhile longer with our optional in-depth Pre Conference classes on Thursday, February 13th and Post Conference classes on Monday, February 17th to increase the value of the conference even more.
Registration fee includes four days of sessions, two breakfasts/two lunches, a Welcome Gala, unlimited networking, and more! CLICK HERE to register now.
(Registration for the optional In-Depth Writing Classes on Thursday, February 13th in the evening and all day Monday, February 17th taught by some of the presenters will be available by January.)
*For your information, we have posted many of the presenters’ handouts used in their sessions this year. They are listed under the “Tips/Resources” tab in the Presenters Handouts drop down.
REVISIT PAST CONFERENCES. BUY THE CDs OR MP3s!
Click on www.vwtapes.com or call Patrick at 1-888-VWTapes
Check out Carla King’s PBS Mediashift article on the 2012 Conference